House Fire On Tuesday Morning In Early Morning Hours
There was a house fire in the town of Pulteney Tuesday morning in the 3am hour. Steuben County Public Safety Director Tim Marshall says that there were no injuries, but the house was very much on fire at the time that the Pulteney Fire Department arrived. The cause of the fire was a malfunctioning furnace. The Pulteney Fire Dept. was assisted by fire departments from Hammondsport, Prattsburgh and Bath with Branchport and Kanona on standby.
D.E.C. To Hold An Informational Meeting In Bath
The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has announced that they are seeking volunteers to participate in the Winter Raptor Surveys for the 2023-2024 season. DEC wildlife personnel are holding an information session on October 5 at 7 p.m. at Ted Markham Nature Center, 6732 Mossy Bank Park Road, Bath. DEC's goal is to identify habitat used by threatened northern harriers and endangered short-eared owls during their nonbreeding, wintering period. Stationary surveys are conducted from mid-November to late April and begin one hour before sunset.
Bath Gas Electric & Water: Doing Flow Testing Today
From BGEW: There will be a high potential for discolored water tomorrow, Wednesday, September 27, 2023, as a result of flow testing activities near NYS-415 and May Street. Flow testing will begin tomorrow at 10am. We ask that you run cold water until ensuring your water is clear. We also ask that you avoid running hot water and washing whites during this time.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding.
NYS Attorney General Is Joining Lawsuit Against Amazon
State Attorney General Leticia James is joining 17 other states in suing Amazon. This lawsuit alleges that Amazon’s actions allow it to stop rivals and sellers from lowering prices, degrade quality for shoppers, overcharge sellers, stifle innovation, and prevent rivals from fairly competing against Amazon.